The client requirement was to create a medical app, wherein the patient’s vitals and desired blood levels can be recorded. This was considered important and useful in order to have a constant and regular track of the patient’s clinical history. Users were to have an easy access to their prescribed medications with reminder alerts about next blood draw dates plus emergency contact numbers. Proactive health management was to be made the highest priority especially in case of elderly patients.
We opted to build a mobile application, utilizing QuartzCore and Core-Plot framework and came up with the MyBloodWorks app. We created a pleasant user-friendly interface which made maneuvering easy not only for patients but also for healthy people. The way this multi-purpose app was designed is simply amazing as the user can make it a perfect personal assistant in storing just about anything relating to one’s health.
- Manages health more effectively by tracking the vital signs to give a snapshot history of the user’s blood work
- Blood Pressure history and chart
- Pulse history and chart
- Weight history and chart
- Blood work by date and history
- Glucose level for Diabetics – with ability to add A1C level
- Enlists of all of the user’s medications, along with their dosage and strength
- Appointment page for doctor’s appointments and next blood draw date
- Emergency phone numbers page (not mixed in with regular contacts) with call buttons
- User’s medications are all stored and at their fingertips for easy viewing and going over the list with respective physician
- OS: iOS
- Language: Obj-c
- Frameworks: Core-Plot, MessageUI, MobileCoreServices, QuartzCore
- Tool: Xcode