With a consistent change in technology, it is necessary that radio stations need to keep up with the trends and stay atop. The growing popularity of mobile applications has become an integral part and parcel of people’s lives, keeping them connected 24/7, thanks to devices such as, iPods and Smartphones. There is also a great potential for radio apps to gain quick bucks through many means viz., advertizing, marketing, etc. Having a mobile app of their own gives them a direct channel so that they can enjoy hassle-free communication with their listeners, with 24/7 visibility.
Vensi filled in the gap and addressed this issue by building the KCRW app by using some of the latest technologies. Our iPhone app developers utilized Objective C (iOS devices), while our Android app developers utilized Java in order to develop a mobile app which is both multi-platform and multi-functional. It is the original social networking site and features a rich intersection of people, community, ideas and entertainment. By increasing mobile listenership and studio interaction, the app enables listeners to access podcasts while on the move, no matter there they are, alongside using other apps.
- It is Southern California’s leading National Public Radio affiliate and has a worldwide audience for its program content
- It features an eclectic mix of music, news, information and cultural programming
- Ability to listen to live and on-demand music and news 24/7
- Includes music programs with real-time track lists
- Features excellent navigation options, with the On Demand channel displaying songs which are most liked by the listeners, while the News Channel provides latest updates
- Its On Demand content is constantly updated with new shows on a daily and weekly basis, by providing access to about 50 shows from each program (except music shows) on demand
- Morning Becomes Eclectic is one of KCRW’s award winning programming, which features with live performances, Guest DJ Project, To The Point, Left, Right and Center, Good Food, Bookworm, Le Show, The Business, and many more
- It enables users to stay connected and updated about the latest news and messages via Push Notifications, the most effective way to connect
- The shows on air can be shared via mail
- • Last but not the least, it gives an improved look and feel to users
- iPhone : Obj-c, Frameworks: CoreLocation, UiKit, Foundation, CoreGraphics
- Android: Android Framework, Java
- BlackBerry: BlackBerry Framework, J2ME