Most organizations have a mobile app for a specific goal and with a strong concept. A mobile app shouldn’t be merely treated as the extension of a website, it is the best place to market and offer something integrally valuable to users. A mobile app will provide the great opportunity for users to use business services from anytime in the palms of their hand for as long as 24/7. The main goal of a mobile app doesn’t solely depend on the downloads, a number of users and screen views and long-time usage.
The optimizing user experience on an app helps to engage customers and that surely adds value to mobile apps and keep your users engaged. Look at the 6 ways to optimize user experience and features on a mobile app.
1. Improve Speed, Functionality & Performance: No one likes to use slow mobile apps, because time is precious for everyone. There are huge mobile apps to choose from in the marketplace, a quick and responsive mobile app provide a competitive advantage in the market and plays a major role in retaining users. If your mobile app is not ready to open and unable to start functioning within a couple of seconds, you must optimize your mobile app immediately to enhance those statistics.
Following are the few steps to improve the functionality performance and speed of your mobile app:
- Preload data helps to decrease time to wait while starting the routine functionalities and speeds up the process of an activity.
- Heavy graphics will slow down your mobile app, developers can optimize the app by getting rid of any lag by adjusting resolution or size.
- Loading fewer templates makes a mobile app function quicker, so reuse the templates instead of reloading the same template repeatedly.
If the user works faster on your mobile app, it builds confidence and trust to use the app for longer periods.
2. Personalized Mobile App Improves User Engagement: Personalization is the key to retaining long-term users, it impacts directly to user engagement for any business. User feedback, suggestions, and complaints can easily reach out to you. Adding a chat feature is a great way to communicate with users in real-time. Setup automated text messages and push notifications based on user behaviors offer more services and show a great impact on user engagement.
3. Gradually Promote New Features: Releasing huge number of features to users use as soon as they open the mobile app is not a good idea at all. Some of the companies make this mistake as they try to tempt users to buy new products and services, but it usually does not works and can annoy users may not continue by seeing too many features at once.
Introduce different features in phases: Introduce different features in different phases app usage, like email push notifications if user wants to remind on particular products or services, integration with other tools if a user use export-import features and even shortcuts if user uses frequently, such can provide high results to user focus on mobile app and how it works. The App must be upgraded constantly to improve the performance, avoid crashes and fix bugs if any.
4. Target Users With Push Notifications: Push notifications are just like short messages sent to mobile app users from within the app. Providing relevant information or reminding them on activity even when the app is not being used is a great feature to engage users. It is the best tool to re-engage users, get them geared up for an update, new features and much more, to help them to utilize your products and services.
5. Social Media Integration to Improve Brand Image: Encouraging customers to share app activities on social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram etc. are great ways to convert users into your company brand ambassadors and that helps to grow of organic users. Social media is also a great tool to communicate with users like chat and share knowledge, it makes people closer.
6. Simplifying App Responsive Design: Entering user details such as name, address and credit card details are more difficult on mobile devices, if you compare to a desktop. So, focus on responsive design by shortening clip titles and adjust pixel width, considering layout and purpose before designing a mobile form would be easy for users to use and enter details.
We at Vensi has the team of strategists, analysts, designers, and developers, develop the unique mobile app solutions, that can create progressive ideas and translate them into engaging, intelligent and innovative user experiences.